According to the National Highway Safety Administration (NHSA), there have been an increasing amount of deer-related motor vehicle accidents in recent years due to rising deer populations and the destruction of wooded areas. In order to avoid such an accident, here are some tips to keep in mind next time you are out driving, particularly in areas that are known to have high deer populations.
- Do not swerve. If there is a deer in the road, stay in your lane and firmly press on the brakes. Swerving into another lane is one of the leading causes of serious deer-related accidents, as you can collide with oncoming traffic.
- Be especially alert from sunset to midnight, which is when the majority of accidents occur.
- Deer travel in packs so if you see one, it is like that there are more.
- Use your high beams whenever possible when driving at night. This will help you spot a deer in the road, or one that is standing by the side of the road. Only use your high beams when there is no oncoming traffic.
- If you see a deer, slow down and try to scare the deer away.
- If you have hit a deer, never touch the animal. It could frighten the animal, causing it to kick or lash out, further injuring itself, and causing harm to you.
New Jersey SEM Specialists at Premier Legal Marketing Provide Personalized Marketing Strategies to Car Accident Lawyers
At Premier Legal Marketing, we provide exceptional customer service and results-driven strategies that will maximize your Internet visibility. Our website developers, SEO professionals and content writers will develop a marketing program that will help you expand your business. To find out how we can help you, call us at 856-448-4736 or contact us online for a free consultation.