February 19, 2016
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compiled its annual Top 10 list of most frequently cited workplace safety violations. The list highlights the most common violations and serves as a reminder to employers to comply with the most current safety regulations. Doing so will help employees maintain a safe working environment and avoid potential workplace injuries. The following is the list for 2015:
- Fall Protection (1926.501) – 6,721 violations – Be sure to equip all employees who work at heights with proper fall protection gear that is in compliance with OSHA safety standards.
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200) – 5,192 violations – Identify and evaluate chemical hazards present in the workplace and provide employees with pertinent information.
- Scaffolding (1926.451) – 4,295 violations – Follow latest guidelines in order to protect employees working on or near scaffolding.
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134) – 3,305 violations – Always use the proper respirators to help protect employees from air contaminants such as dust, fumes, gases, and vapors.
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.178) – 3,002 violations – Follow proper procedures and make sure to secure the necessary products to prevent an accidental startup of machinery. Lock, tag and try before continuing work.
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178) – 2,760 violations – Maintain trucks at all times and keep up to date on operator training, certification on forklifts and motorized hand trucks.
- Ladders (1926.1053) – 2,489 violations – Select a ladder that is the appropriate length and confirm the ladder’s duty rating for the job it will be used for.
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305) – 2,404 violations – Inspect wiring and insulation and make sure electrical equipment is properly grounded.
- Machine Guarding (1910.212) – 2,295 violations – Employers should guard machinery in order to protect employees and others from hazards like rotating parts, flying chips, sparks and other dangers.
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303) – 1,973 violations – Employees should always follow factory instructions when designing, installing and operating equipment in order to stay in compliance and avoid injuries.
Philadelphia Legal Marketing Firm, Premier Legal Marketing, Helps Law Firms Improve their Internet Search Rankings
At Premier Legal Marketing, our Philadelphia legal marketing firm works hard for law firms to increase their Internet presence and build their digital brand. We offer services including attorney niche marketing, custom website design, content marketing, social media and public relations. For a free consultation and complimentary Google analysis of your website, call us today at 856-320-2016 or contact us online.