A mobile version is essential for any business or organization that is developing a new web presence. That is because, on average, the number of people using tablets and mobile devices to browse the internet has surpassed the number of desktop users throughout the world.
Mobile devices include everything from handhelds to tablets, and it is very important for site owners to know how their websites will display on those formats. This is where the terms mobile friendly, mobile optimized, and responsive design become important.
- Mobile Friendly. Although a mobile friendly website will appear smaller on a phone, and may not work perfectly on a touchscreen tablet, it will be perfectly functional. In fact, mobile friendly is the definition of a site that displays accurately between a desktop or laptop computer, and any mobile device, including handheld phones and tablets.A mobile friendly website offers the following key features:
* Text-based phone numbers, physical addresses, and email addresses that trigger a call, directions, or email messages from a mobile device
* Smaller sized images that allow fast loading over mobile connections
* Slideshows or image rotators that function without Flash support
- Mobile Optimized. A mobile optimized website will reformat itself for a variety of handheld or tablet devices. This very advanced type of website offers larger navigation buttons, reformatted content, and differently optimized images that appear when the user is on an iPhone or other device. This means that your website can easily engage a large mobile audience when buying decisions come up.Formatting elements of a mobile optimized website include:
* Simplified navigation with large touchpoints
* Reduced graphics that will not interrupt searches for critical information
* Users will not have to type unless necessary
* Users have the option of viewing the desktop version of your site
- Responsive Design. This new method of development is completely flexible, regardless of the device being used. The website automatically orients itself based on the screen size of the device. The combined reformatting and reoptimizing capabilities make this type of site extremely flexible. Although this type of design is more expensive to develop, it gives you more bang for your buck if you are dealing with users that are active on mobile devices or need to make purchasing decisions on the go. It is equally valuable for commodity content, such as blogs or news outlets.
We Can Guide You in Choosing the Mobile Version That is Best for You
Instant gratification is one of the many desired features of mobile browsing. With the mobile version that is best for you, your audience can remain engaged and loyal. The technology aspects of modern-day marketing may seem complicated, but we can make it both easy and successful for you. As a boutique digital marketing firm, Premier Legal Marketing (PLM) offers the best in personalized service. Call us today at 856-320-2016 or contact us online to learn more about PLM’s internet marketing services for lawyers.